I've been sitting on this post for a while, but Monika's post got me motivated. This is my second summer on the extremely hot and humid east coast. I've taken the "live in the moment" tactic to heart concerning seasons, and have sort of embraced it. On the west coast, the weather is much more temperate all year round, and here I find that I have to have the extremes in wardrobe staples in order to be comfortable through the seasons.
Just an excuse to shop. How terrible.
To be honest, I've been more interested in fashion lately than beauty, which is just as bad for the wallet, ha.
- STS Blue ankle jeans from Nordstrom are a great length for petite ladies (I'm 5'3"), although I don't see any more of this style in stock right now. The shell is from Ann Taylor - it's slightly sheer in the back, but nice and lightweight.
- I love Express portofino shirts - sleeveless and slim fit are my favorite. I even have one with limes on it.
- Maison Jules is a great, petite-friendly brand at Macy's that I discovered on Extra Petite's blog. I have several of their dresses and this A-line skirt is one of my absolute favorites - I love the feminine silhouette how it swishes when I move. This Halogen chambray shirt is also a great staple, although it's too warm for it now.
- Another Maison Jules dress, purchased during a sale. Similar here.
- I have two of these LOFT jersey swing dresses (in petite sizing). There's a tie for adding some shape, but it's cute both ways. The hat is the Hinge Slub Knit Panama Hat from Nordstrom.
- Another Macy's sale find - the coziest, comfiest striped casual dress ever. I travel in it a lot. This was at an AirBnb in Charleston, SC.
|Same Hinge Panama Slub Knit hat. And Ray-ban classic aviators, 58 mm, "Silver Copper Flash" (3025 019/Z2).|
I love these Ray-bans. I always thought that Aviators would look funny on me, but here I am, jumping on the hipster bandwagon.
|Candle is from Target - sea salt and sage.|
Yes, I'm still into beauty. I like the Truffle Clarity Clutch (a gift!) as a daily compartment in my work bag - I throw in some lip products, extra contacts, ibuprofen, Boscia peppermint blotting sheets (from the holidays - I don't go through them very quickly) and a facial mist. This travel-sized Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist* is almost empty. I love the herbal smell and the fine spray, and find it really refreshing, but I don't know that I'm really all that picky about facial mists, in general. It does feel like it sinks into skin and perks me up, though - it isn't heavy at all. It's also packed with humectants and alcohol is further down the ingredients list, toward the very end.
The other facial mist I've been liking is the Neal's Yard Remedies White Tea Facial Mist*, which is also deliciously herbal-scented, but also contains alcohol. - that doesn't personally bother me, especially as it's dispensed as a spray. The larger, round, glass bottle makes it a little less convenient for being on-the-go, so I use this one when I'm home on the weekends or in the mornings (rotating with the MAC Fix+ you see there...somehow I've collected a lot of facial sprays, you guys). It's refreshing and disperses an even mist. It's also vegan, which I know will be a big plus for many. I've been introduced to this brand by PR, and I'm quite liking it so far (they make tea, too!).
Lastly, I know I won't shut up about these things, but I really like them, you guys - the Ilia Beauty Multi-sticks. All of Me* and Cheek to Cheek* were PR samples, but I purchased A Fine Romance and I Put a Spell On You myself. Reviews to come. I showed A Fine Romance on Instagram. They're easy peasy, and cream products are great in the summer.
What have your summer fashion and beauty discoveries been? Did you shop the Nsale today? I...definitely did. But I purchased zero beauty items! More on that later - I can't wait for those goodies to get here. Have a great weekend, everyone!