Thursday, September 15, 2016

Clinique Pink Honey - A GWP Surprise

[Product was a gwp sample.]

Yeah, it's the equivalent of dogs/cats playing with the box it came in rather than the toy itself.

I ordered some skincare or something from Sephora, and one of the GWP promos was for a mini Clinique Almost Lipstick in Pink Honey. Wearable, soft pinks are the lip color family that I'm more or less lacking (this other blushing pink is a great addition, but different in texture & finish), so I figured what the hell.

Yeah, I like it.
It's pretty sheer, but emollient and actually feels rather moisturizing.

I had an Almost Lipstick before (which seems to have been discontinued); that one had a much harder texture, a bit waxy, and you could always feel it on lips. This one has a much softer texture that melds onto lips - more like a balm - and has a healthy, natural finish. There's a bit of shine, but it's not a gloss, you know?

I think it's super easy to throw on for casual days, because it's not strongly pigmented, and doesn't lean too cool or warm, so it won't clash with your blush or eye makeup in unpredictable ways. I'm also just really loving it with a simple, pared down look: clean skin, barely there eye shadow with liner and mascara, pink blush (like the FOTD here).

I'm halfway through the mini, so maybe later I might buy the full size. I'm also thinking about getting the original Black Honey, just because I've never owned it and it seems to be a classic for good reason. I wonder if the formula is the same for that? Does anyone own both?